NIP does not need many Executives at the grassroots level, because a lot of the decisions to be made for and on behalf of the party will be made during online meetings and debates. The party will therefore function effectively with fewer executives, and fewer physical offices as is the norm with mainstream political parties.
NIP will surely have many contact and support centres to help party members with navigating our platform, however these support persons do not have to be executive members of NIP. This organisation style helps allow much more people to participate in the strategic thinking, planning, and allocation of resources necessary to help NIP reach its goals at the expected timelines.
So, elected roles in NIP include:
- Ward Representatives (ca. 8,817 people)
- LGA Chairmen (774 people)
- LGA Deputy Chairmen (774 people)
- LGA Secretaries (774 people)
- LGA Accountants (774 people)
- Senatorial District Representatives (109 people)
- State Chairmen (37 people)
- Deputy State Chairmen (37 people)
- State Treasurers (37 people)
- State Internal Auditors (37 people)
- State Organising Secretaries (37 people)
- National Executive Committee (27 people)
There are other very important positions at NIP which are not filled by elections per se. These include:
- Board of Trustees (150 people max including up to a maximum of 50 Patrons)
- Patrons (50 people max)
- Members of different Committees and Boards
Some of the positions in the National Executive Committee became vacant after our registration as a political party, so those vacant positions in the NEC will open along with the other 12,022 positions above for free and fair contests among members of the Leadership Cadre from May to June 2018. This gives us enough time to prepare for the primaries which we plan to start as soon as the primaries window opens in August. Concluding the elections early allows our aspirants time to design and implement very good campaigns in order to significantly improve their chances at the polls in 2019.
Party executives and leaders of NIP at all levels MUST be successfully checked against the constitutional requirements for holding public office in Nigeria before they can vie for any role under our platform. In a nutshell, all you need do is climb into NIP’s Leadership Cadre if you hope or desire to influence party leadership, and governance in Nigeria under the platform of NIP.
NIP is more interested in selecting honest Nigerians who identify with our dreams for the Nigeria of tomorrow, than in selecting popular names and mere money bags to lead our GREAT party or influence our people.
Courtesy: Israel Azeez Audu