To qualify to contest any election under the NIP platform, and to qualify to be appointed into any public office in Nigeria as a representative of NIP, candidates must be screened and found not wanting in character.
In essence, any member of NIP may apply to contest elections under the party platform, qualify for appointment to public office, and be able to lead the party provided that –
- They are not members of any other political parties in Nigeria;
- They have attained the age of 21 years;
- They have completed a University Degree or its equivalent in work experience;
- They consent that the Party conducts enhanced criminal and character background checks on them in Nigeria, and in every country they have lived in for a period of 2 years or more;
- They have no criminal convictions against them;
- They have not been adjudged to be lunatic or of unsound mind;
- They are not sentenced to death by any court in Nigeria;
- Depending on their resumes, they have a track record of service and leadership in their communities, schools, business or work environments, organisations they are, or have been associated with etc.;
- They have led very clean lives so that –
- They do not belong to, and have never been associated with any secret societies or cults;
- They have never been charged with offences involving dishonesty or fraud;
- Even where they have not been charged or convicted, they have not been involved in illegal conducts such as drug trafficking, obtaining by false pretences, human trafficking, violence against vulnerable people such as women, children, the elderly, the disabled etc.;
- They have not led, been involved with, or supported any secessionist groups gearing support for the separation of Nigeria;
- They are not, and have never been involved with, or supported terrorist organisations at any level in Nigeria and/or any country in the world;
- They have not committed, or supported crimes against humanity or genocide;
- They are not undischarged bankrupts, and have not been declared bankrupt over the past 10 years;
- They do not have any court judgements against them for non-payment of debts.
If you know you meet these requirements, and you desire to shape NIP, to shape the lives of members of NIP, to affect the cause of events in Nigeria, to help NIP take over the leadership of our country and start shaping and leading it in the right direction, then do apply to cross over to the Leadership Cadre of our party the moment you receive your Unique Membership Number. We need you.
Kindly click here https://www.nationalinterestparty.com/our-constitution/ to download our Constitution.