COMMUNIQUE RELEASED AFTER THE NATIONAL CONVENTION OF NATIONAL INTEREST PARTY HELD ON THE 20TH DAY OF AUGUST, 2018 AT VALENCIA HOTELS, 44 BLANTYRE STREET, WUSE 2, ABUJA, NIGERIA.
The Convention was originally scheduled to have as its main agenda, the confirmation and presentation of Mrs. Eunice Atuejide (the party’s sole presidential aspirant) to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) as the Party’s flag-bearer for the 2019 Presidential Election.
However, as a result of recent anti-party activities of some members of the National Executive Committee (NEC), it became expedient that the Convention, in line with the provisions of the party’s constitution address their actions.
The Convention had in attendance members of the party drawn from the 36 States of the Federation and the FCT.
The Convention held under the supervision of a team of INEC officials led by Mrs. Nkechi Abah. Other members of INEC present were Mr. Mas’ud Hassan and Mr. Uye Asuquo.
The Convention unanimously endorsed Mrs. Eunice Atuejide as the party’s flagbearer for the 2019 presidential elections via voice votes and show of hand.
The Convention passed votes of no confidence on erring members of the party who illegally purported to suspend the National Chairman and National Secretary. Consequent upon the successful passing of the votes of no confidence, the Convention resolved to expel the erring members, as well as the ineffective members of the NEC who did not officially resign, and to immediately relieve them of their duties as members of the National Executive Committee. The entire process was observed and endorsed by the above-named INEC officials.
The leadership of the National Interest Party wishes to reassure Nigerians that it is not relenting in its quest to provide a platform for quality leaders to ride to power in Nigeria. The NEC members to replace the removed ones will be decided within 48 hours. NIP will not cower, and we will not surrender our core values.
It is on record that the following NEC members have been expelled from NIP at our National Convention held today 20th August 2018. We will announce their replacement within 48 hours.
Names of expelled members and their portfolios:
- IBRAHIM BARDE SULEIMAN -DEPUTY NATIONAL CHAIRMAN
- SANNI ABASS ITOPA -NATIONAL LEGAL ADVISER
- BONTIM JOHN NANPON -NATIONAL INTERNAL AUDITOR
- SALMAN IBRAHIM ISHOLA -DEPUTY NATIONAL FINANCIAL SECRETARY
- HADIZA HUSSEIN ABDULLAHI -NATIONAL TREASURER
- JUDE OSASERE OGBEIDE -NATIONAL ORGANISING SECRETARY
- AZEEZ OLADAPO YUSUF -DEPUTY SOCIAL MEDIA & CYBER MONITORING SEC.
- PRISCILIA U. ILOBA -NATIONAL FUNDRAISING SECRETARY
- AUDU NOABUMUEMO DODO -DEPUTY NATIONAL YOUTH LEADER
- ABDULKADIR AHMED BELLO -NATIONAL FINANCIAL SECRETARY
- EDIDIONG PETER EYOH -DEPUTY NATIONAL MEDIA AND PUBLICITY SEC.
- UMAR UMAR KAOJE -WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT & MAINTENANCE CONSULTANT
Thank you very much.
Eunice Atuejide (National Chairman)